Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crossing the road...






There are times one may think that one sees the opportunity to cross a road therefore one makes a dash for it.  Well, remember that squirrel, the one that waited on the side of the road then dashed across and did not make it – it thought that it could make it too. 

How about the agile deer or the nine-life cat, they too thought they could make it.

There are specific places I would suggest that you do not cross. These seem to be the popular places to cross…

  • Between cars, more so a van or a truck
  • On a curve or right after a curve, sharp curve
  • Wide highway, multiple lanes
  • By a merge lane
  • Behind reversing cars

I mention these because I have seen people cross there repeatedly and I have seen the look non-drivers give drivers after incorrectly crossing the street and it is not the look of apology most of the time.

Recently, I drove down a one-lane main street and while coming to a stop light the lanes split into two. One lane allows traffic to turn right and the other allows traffic to turn or go straight. While making my way to roll into the right lane a man hopped out from between a van into my lane of traffic as the light turned green. He gave me a look of assumption and disgust as he incorrectly crossed the street. Fortunately, for both of us, I was not going fast and being alert.

Tip of the day
For every action there is a reaction

Take away


We all have to co-habitat on the same streets

No comments:

Post a Comment